Artichoke And Oyster SoupPosted in : Soups on by : Daphne
1. Heat butter in a saucepan until the foam subsides.
2. Add the flour and make a white roux.
3. Add the onions, green pepper, cellery and garlic and cook until they are wilted and clear.
4. Add the milk slowly and stir or whisk constantly to keep the mixture smooth.
5. Add the oyster liquor, mushroom and artichoke liquid and continue to stir or whisk the mixture.
6. Add the oysters and cook until wilted and edges curled. Remove the oysters and chop them before returning them to the soup.
7. Add the quartered artichoke hearts, oysters and chopped mushrooms to the soup and enough of the chicken broth to make soup consistency.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, add the Parmesan cheese and wine and let the soup simmer a few minutes longer.
Notes: Reserve the liquid from the artichokes hearts, mushrooms and the oysters for a fuller flavoured soup.