Burong MustasaPosted in : Soups on by : Daphne
1. Wash mustasa leaves very well in running water.
2. Remove all old leaves and cut off the roots, cut crosswise (about 2 inches long)
3. Sprinkle half the amount of salt to clean leaves and press out salt from the leaves with the hands with repeated squeezing motion.
4. Squeeze out the sap and place liquidless mustasa leaves in a clean jar.
5. Boil rice water with the remaining salt and allow to cool to body temperature.
6. Pour this rice water over the mustasa leaves until totally immersed.
7. Cover the jar and store at room temperature. This is ready for use in about 2 days.