Carrot Ginger SoupPosted in : Soups on by : Daphne
1. In a 4 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 15 minutes.
2. Add gingerroot and cook 2 minutes longer.
3. Add carrots and chicken stock to onions; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until carrots are tender; about 20 minutes.
4. In a blender, blend carrot mixture, in batches until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and add salt and pepper.
5. Heat soup over low heat until hot. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.