Russian Tea CakesPosted in : Cookies on by : Daphne
Russian Tea Cakes
These are my families favorite. I can never make enough of them. I remember my Mom & Grandmother making these for Christmas every year. I am not sure why we were eating Russian Tea Cakes when none of my family history traces back to Russia. Anyway, here it is:
WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDICTIONS THIS COOKIES MAY CAUSE!!!
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl combine ½ cup powdered sugar, salt, the butter, Vanilla and Almond extract until light and fluffy. Fold in the almonds in and stir until a dough forms. (you may need to add a little more flour, but don’t over do it)
2. Cool the dough in the refrigator for about ½ hour.
3. Take the dough out of the refrigator and shap into 1- inch balls. Place them on baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
4. Bake 13-15 minutes until set but not brown. Immediately remove from baking pans and put onto cooling racks.
5. Place 1 & ½ Cups powdered sugar in a bowl and roll the cookies in them. Make sure they are cool or the sugar will just melt on the cookies.
I have seen these called Russian Tea Cakes, Mexican Wedding Cakes, Swedish Tea Cakes & Greek Wedding Cakes. They are so good that everyone claims them to be “theirs”. So I am going to share them with you and you can call them yours!!
Now, go bake a triple batch and share some with your family, neighbors, co-workers and Church members. You could remind them of the scripture on the right side of this message.