Sweet and Sour Tofu Pepper SautePosted in : Tofu on by : Daphne
Prep: Slice tofu into 1-inch slab. Press and drain about 30 minutes. Cut each
slab into thirds (six pieces in all).
1. In a wok over medium-high heat, toss bell peppers in oil until lightly cooked (about 5 minutes).
2. In a large bowl combine arrowroot, vinegar, pineapple juice, lemon juice,
honey, salt, and ginger. Pour over peppers and cook at medium heat, stirring,
just until mixture thickens slightly.
3. Add tofu to wok, cover, and steam 3 minutes. Add soy sauce and cayenne to
taste. Toss well and serve. 201 CALS, 7.4 G FAT, 29.9% CFF
* Marinate the vegetables in the sauce from step 2, omitting the arrowroot.
Drain well then stir fry; mix arrow root with the reserved marinade.
* Arrowroot powder thickens at a lower temperature than flour or cornstarch.
Cornstarch may be substituted.
* Frozen bell pepper strips should be thawed and patted dry.
* Pineapple may be replaced with other fruit juice including apple, white grape,and orange.