Turon de ManillePosted in : Filipino on by : Daphne
1. Skin the bananas and wrap in the rice pancakes.
2. Mix the cornstarch with a little cold water and seal the pancakes.
3. Heat the oil and deep fry for 3-4 minutes then remove and drain thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle the grated coconut and calamansi juice over the top and serve on banana leaves.
To make the pancakes:
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Break in the egg and gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until the batter is completely smooth.
3. Heat a small, lightly greased, crêpe pan and add a little batter (approximately 2 tablespoons) and tilt so that the pancake is even and very thin.
4. Cook for about 45 seconds on each side, then remove and prepare the remaining pancakes in a similar manner.